Start a new Travel Blog! Blogabond Home Maps People Photos My Stuff

First Two Days in London

Feltham, United Kingdom

I couldn't access this website from the computer downstairs last night, so I have to write both days today (from the laptop). We arrived yesterday at 10 in the morning, after no sleep on the Calgary - Hethrow flight. I was too tired to care about anything. We walked around, went to Picadilly Circus, took the tube and train, saw Big Ben and the whole nine yards. For dinner, we had bangers & mash. Then we went back to the hotel where we got ready for bed. After I was done on the computers downstairs, I took the "lift" to my room and some East-Indian guys got off on my floor with me. When I went into my room, one of them kind of watched me as I closed the door so I deadbolted it and went to bed. Around 11:30, the phone rang so I, dazed and confused, answered it. And East-Indian man said what I THOUGHT was "This is the front office, you need to come down here immediately" so after a long pause, I said "... what?" but the line was dead. I thought the guys were trying to lure me out of my room or something so I went back to sleep. A few minutes later the phone rang again so I once again answered it:
"Hello, this is the front desk. You have a call, I'll put you through."
so I'm thinking "What the hell, who is calling ME?"
turns out it was Breanna's mom.
Scared the shit out of me.

This morning we had breakfast (which was croissants and toast, so I paid the extra 4 pounds and got a real boy breakfast - bacon and potato paties). Then we went to Windsor Castle, and the flag was raised, (the Queen was in!). I also saw Eaton School from a distance and the Polo Fields of Windsor Castle which was cool. Here I bought Grandma and miniature Blue-Willow tea set and mom something as well. Then we went back to London, stopping for photo opportunities at Buckingham Palace and St Pauls Cathedral (Princess Di's place of marriage). We stopped in a park for a bit before heading to dinner, which was Chili Con Carne. (So far, I've lucked out food wise). Afterwards, we caught the Tube to our show, Wicked. Which was, for lack of better words, wicked. In a good sense. By the time it was over, it was 10:30, so we caught the tube straight back and now here I am.

I also bought a quill at the shop for the London Tower. It is blue and two feet long so I wrote a letter to Grandma Elaine today and Hilary. Tomorrow is our free day in London, so my group is going to Harrods and the London Eye and the Jack the Ripper Tour. It will be our last day in London before we head to York. I will upload some pics tomorrow because I have my internet connection for 24 hours.

By the way, today was the hottest day in London so far this year: 18 degrees Celcius. I wore a dress.

Anyway, I've run out of things to say so I'll talk to you tomorrow.

PS what does everyone want as presents?

permalink written by  Beth Young on March 16, 2009 from Feltham, United Kingdom
from the travel blog: Who's Britain?
Send a Compliment

comment on this...
Previous: Calgary AIrport Gate B24 Next: Free (and final) Day in London

trip feed
author feed
trip kml
author kml


Blogabond v2.40.58.80 © 2019 Expat Software Consulting Services about : press : rss : privacy
View as Map View as Satellite Imagery View as Map with Satellite Imagery Show/Hide Info Labels Zoom Out Zoom In Zoom Out Zoom In
find city: